Thursday, December 16, 2010

Reasons We Loved 2010: Violet Turned 1!



My "Baby" is quickly becoming a true "Big Girl." I can't believe how much she's changed this year...and yet is still the same sweet, lovey girl. She started walking on New Year's Day, turned 1 in February, began naming people other then Robbie and I by April, learned the magic of "pleeeees" over the summer, got her first haircut 2 weeks ago and is talking in full sentences now! Yesterday she told Robbie:

"D Duck need gasses, see unner wahder."

Um.....excuse me? Wasn't it just yesterday that your first consistent word was "Humma" for Momma?

To be honest, the actual turning one wasn't as significant as it could have (and perhaps should have) been. I was in a fog. Still deeply depressed over Jessica's absence. It was supposed to have been a grand 30th/1st combined birthday for Violet and her Auntie. So I made about 10 pounds of lasagna and iced cupcake after cupcake, and wrote thank you notes for all of V's wonderful gifts... and missed so much of what was going on. Really going ON with my sweet girl.

I am so thankful that the "turning 1" wasn't a day. It has been a whole year. 364 opportunities for me to wake up, remember my sister and focus on my child. To teach her the things that her Auntie would want her to know. To watch the tiny, daily changes that add up to the development of a sweet, usually kind, curious, intelligent toddler.

I'm looking forward to February 28th, 2011. What fun for Violet to "turn" 2! But more, I'm looking forward to the naps together, park trips, playdates, dance parties, conversations and lessons to be learned March 1 forward as she becomes a 2-year-old.


On her 1st birthday************Last Week

Look at the face: so different, and yet the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment