Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Destination: Scottsdale

We had the pleasure and privileged of celebrating Nana's (my mom's) birthday with her this past weekend. It was a wonderful, low-key, relaxed time with lots of swimming, napping and family time. I am so excited for Violet to continue to get to have consistent time with her Nana and Hal, despite the distance - be it in person, on the phone or by Skype.

Violet's favorite part of the weekend was all of the "Ga-ga!" there was a small pond with fountains right outside of the condo we were staying in. She loved to crouch or kneel down and stick either a hand or foot in and splash around. Anytime she got bored, she would point to the backdoor and ask "Ga-ga?"




She also love going for a ride in her "Blo-lo" (boat) in the "Big Ga-ga." On our last morning there, we had a pretty scary experience when she reached over the side of her Blo-lo to splash just as I gave the boat a little push. The whole boat capsized and now her feet were sticking straight in the air with head pointed right at the bottom of the pool....and down she sank like a rock! Robbie had her in about 4 seconds, but man was she mad at her boat after that!



I think that my favorite part of the weekend was a full day of time with my Momma -- at the spa no less! The only gifts that she asked for were time with Violet (and Robbie and I) and a spa day with her daughter! Lucky me for having a Momma ask for something so nice for me to share in! We had body scrubs, massages, facials and a mani-pedi! Wow were we relaxed!!!






Now we are anxiously looking forward to our next visit with Nana and Hal during their wedding weekend in August!

No comments:

Post a Comment