Thursday, June 24, 2010

Beach Bums

I am so thankful for my one day a pay period that I get to "Flex" at my job. By working 9 hour days regularly, we are able to take one day off every-other week. This helps both the employee (less $ on commuting, saves a day of child care, weekday to conduct business) and the employer (extended service hours, decreases over-time, fewer time off requests). Robbie and I work really hard to make sure that we "take advantage" of my flex days and to make sure that I get to enjoy the extra time with Robbie and Violet.

Yesterday was one of the best flex days this year.....although it didn't start that way! We had to take Violet to get blood drawn for allergy testing and we went on my flex because neither one of us wanted to have to do it alone. She was SO good the whole time, even though they ended up sticking her twice. She sat perfectly still, and never tried to kick or hit, but the tears just kept rolling. Even the chocolate chips that we brought for distraction were met with a solid "Nuh!" Lots of hugs and kisses later, she recovered and was ready to embark on a better kind of adventure.

Shortly after we got home from the lab, Robbie got a call that Gramma and Grampa (his parents) wanted to drop something by on their way to the beach. What a perfect day for the beach! So, we crashed their party. The water was really too cold for swimming (or at least for the wimps we are), but we enjoyed watching the waves and building a giant moat. Violet would NOT set foot on the sand and would stand at the edge of the blanket and grunt because she wanted someone to come pick her up! I'm not sure if she just didn't like the feeling on her toes or if she was afraid of getting dirty!

With Gramma and Grampa...


Robbie's moat really did hold the incoming tide back for a bit...


Well, at least it's a good pic of me!


We topped the afternoon off with a trip to YogurtLand -- YUM! Just two weeks til I get to do it again! Any ideas for a great destination for next time?

No comments:

Post a Comment